Wednesday, April 18, 2012

No Atlanta

After talking with my friend Dan last night, he convinced me that I need to spend more time in New Orleans that an afternoon. 

Under my former plan, I would spend two nights in Atlanta, see the Phillies start a 3-game set on a Friday night before hauling ass down to Houston.  After getting there mid-afternoon, I would have to leave early evening so that I could drive half-way to Houston to catch a day game on a Sunday before Houston hits the road.  It was going to be one of the most forced parts of the trip.

So I decided to scrap Atlanta from the trip. Now, I'll be able to be in Houston Thursday evening, stay Friday night, drive to Houston on Saturday, and meet up with my friends Mark and Christy early afternoon  before going to an Astros game that night. 

On Sunday, I'll drive up to Dallas to see my friends Dave and Shane and their families.  The Rangers have a home game Sunday night, so that looks like a good one to hit.

The bottom line is that if I skip Atlanta, the entire first week of the trip has a more relaxed feel.

1 comment:

  1. As the inspiration behind this change of plans, I think you are making a wise decision! It is just too easy to hit Atlanta when you are on your way around 3rd base and ready to score as you finish up an incredible journey down in Florida! Plus, in N'awlins, there is just way too much fun to be had and reallllly good food to be enjoyed!!!

    ReplyDelete