Friday, August 17, 2012

Something I've Learned


I have never been a big nature guy.  Some of my best times on this trip have been in the car.  Most of the destinations out west are pretty far apart so we might fly to one place and fly back.  Years later, we may fly somewhere else.

This is what I've learned: In the northeast, we are missing out on all of the natural beauty the western United States has to offer.  Whether it is driving through the rocky mountains, along the pacific coast highway, or seeing natural landforms like the grand canyon, the grand escalade of southern Utah, or parks like the badlands, we just don't see beauty like that in our houses or the concrete buildings we work.

I'm as big an offender as anyone.  I spend all my time inside, but I haven't seen anything between Philadelphia and New York that can hold a candle to what I've seen on this trip.  Someday, I want a house with a big bay window that looks out over a majestic mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment